DISAPPOINTING LOSS

The manager of Bolton Wanderers, Dougie Freedman, has expressed his disappointment over his team’s defeat in the previous match against Charlton Athletic, but, he has also said that his team still has the chance of making its way into the play offs.

Bolton Wanderers is currently at no. 9 in the Championship points table with 54 points in 39 matches. They have secured 14 wins in the ongoing Championship so far.

In the match against Charlton Athletic, the Trotters were off to a blistering start. They were leading by 2-0 in the 20th minute of the match. But, after that second goal, nothing went in their favour. Their lead got reduced to 1-2 in the 25th minute when Johnnie Jackson opened the scoring for Charlton.

Samuel Ricketts was shown the red card in the 58th minute of the match and Bolton was left with only 10 men. Just a couple of minutes later, Charlton equalized. It was Dorian Dervite who scored the leveller.

Charlton got penalty in the 63rd minute. That was a great chance for them to get ahead in the match. They didn’t let that opportunity go. Yann Kermorgant took the shot and he made no mistake.

With only 10 men, it was very difficult for the Trotters to comeback. They tried hard, but, couldn’t level the scores.
In the post match press conference, Freedman said, “We began well and kept them under pressure in the entire first half, but, after losing Samuel, things became tough for us.”

“I think we can still make it to the play offs. All we have to do is to win a few matches and we will be back on track.”
Bolton Wanderers will play its next match against Huddersfield Town. That match will be played at the Reebok Stadium on Tuesday.

0
Read More

NGOG WANTS BOLTON STAY

The agent of David Ngog, Bruno Satin, has said that Ngog doesn’t want to leave his current club Bolton wanderers and all the reports about his transfer are false.

There have been a few reports that Ngog is not enjoying himself in the Bolton Wanderers camp and he wants to take a transfer. But, his agent has denied all those speculations.

When asked about the reports of Ngog’s transfer, Satin said, “There is nothing like that. David is not planning to leave Bolton. His tuning with the manager and president of the club is pretty good and he is pretty happy playing for Bolton.”
However, Satin admitted that a few clubs were interested in signing Ngog during the mid season transfer window. Satin said, “Yes, a few clubs wanted to buy him in January, but, David rejected their offers.”

The English club Fulham was also reported to be one of the clubs which were interested in signing Ngog.
Ngog had signed for Bolton Wanderers in August 2011. Bolton had bought him from Liverpool after paying a transfer fee of 4 million Pounds. The French striker has featured for Bolton in 54 matches so far and has scored 8 goals.

Ngog’s contract with Bolton is going to expire in 2014 and according to his agent; Ngog will not take a transfer before the completion of his contract.

Ngog’s agent admitted that this hasn’t been the greatest of seasons for his client, but, he said that Ngog is working hard to put up better performances in the remaining matches.

Satin said. “This season hasn’t been that good for David, but, he is a sort of guy who always works hard either he is playing well or not. Hopefully, in the rest of the matches, his performance would be better.”

0
Read More

NGOG STILL CONFIDENT

The Bolton Wanderers striker David Ngog has said that he is still confident that the club can get promotion back into the top flight despite making a poor start to the season. As a result of the poor start made to the new season under Owen Coyle, Bolton were close to the relegation zone at the start of the season rather than near the top of the table. This led to the sacking of the manager midway through the campaign, while he has been replaced by Dougie Freedman. Under the new manager, results have been extremely good and Bolton are just seven points below the play-off position now.

Due to this, the Frenchman David Ngog has said that he still has the faith that Bolton will be able to qualify for the Premier league to the play-off position. The club desperately need to get back into the top flight as soon as possible due to the significant debts that threaten to put the club in grave danger. The club has already gone a major restructuring in terms of the players and wages. More are expected to come in the way they do not get promotion to the top flight, which will guarantee more than £ 60 million per season in extra income alone.

“We are ambitious and we want to be at the top of the league but it won’t be easy. There are a lot of games over the next two weeks. We have to work hard and prepare well to get as many points as we can. In this league it is really tight. There are a lot of teams in the same area, so of course, we still believe in it (promotion). It won’t be easy and we have to be prepared but we are confident we can do it,” said David Ngog.

0
Read More

NGOG HAS MORE TO GIVE

The new Bolton Wanderers manager Dougie Freedman has said that he is extremely confident that he can bring the best out of the former Liverpool striker David Ngog. The Frenchman was a £ 4 million signing by the former manager Owen Coyle, but he has been largely hit and miss during his spell at Bolton Wanderers.

The club are currently fighting against relegation from the Championship after a poor start to the new season. This led to the sacking of manager Owen Coyle, who has been replaced by the Crystal Palace manager Dougie Freedman.

After taking over at the club, he has said that one of his main priorities will be to get the best out of David Ngog. He has also said that players like Chris Eagles are also extremely important to the season. David Ngog was a substitute in the recent match against Cardiff city. Cardiff city were coming into the match as the league leaders, but were defeated by two goals by the substitute David Ngog. After the match, Freedman said that he was not surprised by the goals scored by the Frenchman, but is expecting these goals to come on a regular basis in the future. David Ngog is back in contention for a starting spot in the match against Blackpool.

“In my humble opinion, David Ngog could be the difference that takes this team to where we want to be or not. That’s how important he is. I can see the potential in him and I am actually very excited to work with David, now I know what he is about. When he come on against Cardiff he was fantastic. His movement and desire was there,” said Dougie Freedman after the Cardiff city match. The victory has helped Bolton Wanderers rise up to the 17 position in the table.

0
Read More

NGOG CLOSE TO FITNESS

The striker of Bolton Wanderers, David N’Gog, is set to make a comeback in the match between Wanderers and Watford which is going to be played on 15th of September at the Reebok Stadium. The Frenchman hasn’t played even a single match for the Wanderers in this season due to his back injury. He had also been out of the pre season games. But, according to the medical reports, N’Gog is back to 100% fitness now. So, he is supposed to play in the match against Watford.

N’Gog had signed for the Wanderers in August last year after leaving Liverpool (for £2m according to Liverpool news). He had joined the club on a contract of 3 years. He made his debut for the Wanderers against Manchester United in September 2011. United had thrashed the Wanderers by 5-0 in that match. N’Gog had scored his first goal for the Wanderers against Wigan Athletic. He struggled with the fitness problems towards the end of the last season.

On being asked has he regained 100% fitness, N’Gog answered positively. The French striker said that he has not been feeling the pain in his back since the last few days which is a very good sign. He has played in a couple of reserve games and he didn’t have to face any problem in moving. He is disappointed to have missed five matches in the ongoing season. It was frustrating for him to sit out. He was itching to be out there on the field. Hopefully, he would remain fit throughout the season and contribute for his team.

The manager of Bolton Wanderers, Owen Koyle, also looked quite happy with the comeback of N’Gog in the team. As per Koyle, N’Gog is a versatile player and it’s fantastic to get him back in the team. His performance in the reserve matches was good and hopefully, he would do well for the team in the upcoming matches.

0
Read More

BOLTON REJECT NGOG DEAL

Championship club Bolton Wanderers have reportedly rejected a deal to sell the striker David Ngog after they had received an offer from the French club St Etienne. David Ngog was a £ 4 million signing from Liverpool a few seasons ago, but it was thought that he was willing to return to France in order to play in the top division.

However, Bolton Wanderers manager Owen Coyle seems to have convinced that David Ngog that he should stay for one more season with the club in order to help them get promotion. If David Ngog does stay at the club, then he would be one of the few to remain at the club after their relegation.

A lot of high profile players have left the club after their relegation from the Premier league was confirmed after their 2-2 draw with Stoke city on the final day of the last season. Bolton could have stayed in the Premier league had their maintained their advantage over Stoke city only to concede in the final few minutes of the match. This brought an end to the more than a decade stay in the Premier league. The 23-year-old David Ngog was one of the bright spots of an otherwise poor season for Bolton.

Even though he may have only scored three goals in the 33 appearances he made for the club last season, a lot of the responsibility for the relegation from the Premier league should be placed on the defence of the club. Even if David Ngog leaves the club in the summer transfer window, then one can expect Bolton Wanderers to receive a sizeable transfer fee after he has many years left on his current contract. The French club St Etienne will be hoping to persuade David Ngog with the prospect of playing in the Ligue 1.

0
Read More

MORE ATTACKERS NEEDED

Former Bolton Wanderers manager Bruce Rioch has claimed that the club needs to strengthen the attacking talent at the club in order to have a chance of returning to the Premier league in the first attempt. Bolton Wanderers were relegated from the Premier league after more than a decade in the top flight of English football.

Many have been attributed the lack of funds from the owners in the recent seasons as the main reason for the relegation from the Premier league. Many clubs relegate from the Premier league will be looking to get back in the first attempt due to the fact that they will be missing on the parachute payments on consecutive seasons.

Bolton Wanderers have no different, but they need to strengthen the attack of the team in order to have any chance of success in the second division of English football according to the former manager of the club Bruce Rioch. The club lost as much as 15 players in the close season after their contracts came to an end. However, they have secured the signature of club captain Kevin Davies for another season, while the presence of former Liverpool striker David Ngog is a major boost.

“If Owen is going to do that, and he is most certainly capable, then I feel he needs people who are going to win him games. Of course, you must get your defence right, but if you haven’t got goalscorers in your team it’s an uphill struggle right away. Back when I was at Bolton we had Owen, Andy Walker, John McGinlay, Alan Thompson, Jason McAteer, Mixu Paatelainen, David Lee and, later, Fabian de Freitas. That was really something. We collected match winners like Luis Suarez who could snatch you a goal,” said the former Bolton Wanderers manager Bruce Rioch.

0
Read More

BOLTON OUT TO SPOIL PARTY

Bolton Wanderers manager Owen Coyle has said that his players should look at the possibility of spoiling the party for Roy Hodgson win Bolton take on West Brom during the weekend.

Bolton’s 4-1 defeat at the hands of Tottenham in the midweek action has not meant that the club should realistically look at the possibility of taking all three points from this weekend’s match against West Brom in order to think about survival. Bolton will be facing Stoke city away from home in the final day of the season, but Owen Coyle wants to take all three points against West Brom in order to spoil the party for the new England manager Roy Hodgson.

Despite having taken over as the new England manager, Roy Hodgson will continue to manage West Brom until the end of the season. He will be making his first managerial appearance after his appointment, but the Bolton manager says that he wants to spoil the party. Bolton managed to resist Tottenham from scoring for most of the match, but were undone by a brilliant goal from Luka Modric.

There has been a lot of reaction to the England managerial appointment, and undoubtedly, the focus will be on Roy Hodgson. Owen Coyle wants to use this distraction to get all three points at the Reebok stadium.

“Congratulations to Roy and good luck to him, but this is about Bolton and ensuring we get the points we need from our biggest game of the season. ‘If we win our last two games it will be enough to keep us in the Premier League and I know we can do it, if we play to our capabilities. I always knew it would go to the wire after our bad start and we have been playing catch-up,” Coyle said ahead of the match.

0
Read More

NGOG NOT GIVING UP

David Ngog has said that he is not giving up on the fight to survive in the Premier League. David Ngog moved to Bolton from Liverpool in the summer for £ 4 million, but he has been largely unable to find the back of the net regularly. The lack of strikers who can put the ball in the back of the net is thought to be one of the main reasons for Bolton to be down at the bottom of the table. They recently were defeated by Aston Villa at home and Bolton manager Owen Coyle will certainly be perplexed at the situation.

Bolton have been extremely poor in the first half of the matches, while it is a different story when it comes to the second half. It was same case in the match against Aston Villa as well. Aston Villa ran out a comfortable 2-0 before half-time, but Bolton levelled it back with a goal in the second half. However, they could not pull back the equaliser, which would have given them some much-needed confidence. David Ngog has thought to be one of the major signings this summer, but it has not turned out to be the case. The former Liverpool striker struggled for chances at Anfield, but he has been unable to score goals at Bolton, despite getting a number of chances.

Still, David Ngog says that he will not be giving up the fight to survive. “I think in football there are always periods like this. We all face adversity at times, and we have to be positive and accept we are in a situation where we have to stick together. Yes, this is a different experience for me,” former Liverpool striker David Ngog said after the match against Aston Villa, which condemns Bolton down to the bottom of the table.

0
Read More